Monday, 28 November 2011
Neither. It's not traditional for Australians to drink egg nog at Christmas and it's too friggin hot to drink hot chocolate. :P
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
He wraps them.
3. Coloured lights on tree/house or white?
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Nope, but maybe we should start.
5. When do you put your decorations up?
Sometime during November. I don't believe in silly superstitions.
6. What is your favourite holiday dish?
Anything that includes potatoes.
7. Favourite Holiday memory as a child?
Sneaking out to sleep underneath the Christmas tree at night.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I can't remember when exactly but it was probably in year one. I can remember this girl teasing basically my entire year one class about the fact that we all still believed in Santa. What a bitch! :P
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Whilst not a typical Australian tradition I did manage to convince my Mother to let us open just one present on Christmas Eve for the past two Christmases. Hopefully I can convince her to let us do so this year as well. :D
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
Since this year is our first time decorating our Christmas tree as a couple we opted for simple, cheap, red and gold decorations that we wouldn't mind replacing later on down the track. We also made sure that our tree was fibre optic so we wouldn't have to worry about Christmas lights.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it?
Well considering it's summer in Australia at Christmas time a little bit of snow would be very much appreciated. :P
12. Can you ice skate?
I've never tried.
13. Do you remember your favourite gift as a child?
Hmm, not really. I remember getting excited over a Britney Spears barbie doll though. :P
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Being with the ones I love the most.
15. What is your favourite holiday dessert?
16. What is your favourite holiday tradition?
Waking up early and opening my stocking whilst I waited for my parent/s to get out of bed.
17. What tops your tree?
A gold star.
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving?
When I have the money, I prefer giving. This year though I wouldn't mind receiving.
19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum?
20. What is your favourite Christmas movie?
'Love Actually' or 'Home Alone'.
Friday, 25 November 2011
1. Waking up at the break of dawn to go shopping is my idea of fun.. if I actually had money to spend. :P
2. If I were to go shopping today I would be on the hunt for some more high heel stick on grips.
3. The best thing I ate today was either the spinach and ricotta ravioli that I ordered for dinner or the creme brulee/belgian chocolate gelato that we had for dessert. :D
4. Something I've been learning lately is that time goes by fast when you're bored as well.
5. I cannot start my day without my medication. I'd be in bed all day otherwise.
6. My night time attire consists of a cute t-shirt and boxers (I have a few combinations).
7. I am looking forward to my Primary School Reunion tomorrow night. :)
Categories: fill in the blank friday
Tuesday, 22 November 2011
Happy Tuesday my lovely readers! I hope you've all had a more enjoyable week than I have. :) Whilst it would be much easier to write up a post about all of the things that I am not thankful for, there are still a couple of things that I am thankful for this week..
For example, I may have found out that I failed my final assignment (that was the result that I was still waiting for last week) but since I did so well in my exams I managed to pass the course anyway.. so I'm just thankful for passing.
I am also thankful for the early Christmas present my partner gave to me so that I would bake him more cupcakes. :)
Which brings me to the black bottom cupcakes that I made, and how thankful I am for being introduced to this recipe by Julie Ann Art. These were the yummiest cupcakes ever! :D
So what are you guys thankful for this week?
Monday, 21 November 2011
Sunday, 20 November 2011
Hey guys! Since this is the first Snap Happy Sunday that I've participated in for a while, I figured I'd post some snap shots of what I've been getting up to these past few months (besides Uni). Have a lovely Sunday and I hope you enjoy!
|Had my best friend return home after 4 months in Europe.|
|Received some souvenirs. :D|
|Met another friend's baby boy for the first time.|
|Ate several of Ben's scrumptious mini roast dinners.|
|Saw Carl Barron live for the very first time.|
|Had my arm signed by Carl himself.|
|Got some dvd's signed as well. :)|
|Spent some quality time with Phoebe.|
|Became addicted to Facebook's 'Dexter Slice of Life' game.|
|Finally got the Sims 3 'Pets' (that's supposed to be Phoebe).|
|Hung out with my friends pet rat 'Ding Ding'.|
|Shared a coke with Ben (minus the sharing part).|
|Had some balayage put through my hair by the bestie.|
|Made some chocolate cupcakes (these were for Ben). <3|