2. The Saturday before last B and I went out to dinner for one of his best friends birthdays and this was the view from our table. It definitely made the long, cold and potentially quite miserable wait to be served a little bit more bearable. :)
4. The next morning after the girls had left I drove up to Mums place to drop off her souvenirs (a lovely fridge magnet and an ornament for her garden) and to have a good old catch up. At one point, whilst jabbering away at the table, Mum and I looked over to see these nosey faces listening in on our conversation.. haha! They looked so adorable that I just had to snap a photo. :P
5. On my way home from Mums I arranged to stop in at my good old mate Kim's new place as we hadn't seen each other in over a year, plus she had kindly offered to lend me her son to help me out with a teaching assessment. It was so lovely to finally catch up again and even better since we didn't once have to deal with one of those awkward, havent-seen-each-other-in-forever silences. Don't you just love having friends like that? :) Haha, anyway.. for my assessment I had to ask Kim's son to write a short story for me (which I helped him with of course) and he decided to make the main character his miniature dachshund 'Bentley'. It's nice to see that my friends have such good taste in pets. ;)
6. Just before I left, Kim asked me if I'd be interested in taking the above canvas paintings home with me. I thought she was kidding at first as I knew she was obsessed with these particular kinds of paintings, however she assured me that she wasn't kidding and that she already had too many of these canvases on the walls of her house as it was. Knowing that these canvases would look amazing hanging up in the hallway of our apartment I obviously jumped at the offer, and I am so glad that I did as this once bare hallway is now my favourite part of our apartment. :D
7. Despite the fact that I've been extremely slack lately when it comes to attending the gym, I've still found the motivation to go out and buy gym gear that it will probably be too cold to wear soon anyway. Oh well, at least I will be prepared come Spring I guess.
8. Another thing I treated myself to in the past couple of weeks were these Rimmel London nail polishes. This of course led to me reorganising my nail polish collection for the fifth millionth time this year, as well as painting my nails in all three colours at once.
10. Finally, last weekend one of my high school besties Hayley caught the train down to visit me, and after hitting up the local farmers market together we decided to make the delicious concoction above for our lunch. As Hayley is a vegetarian and I'm strictly eating clean we both absolutely LOVED this dish, so feel free to let me know if you'd like me to share this recipe on the blog. :)