1. What time of year do you start your Christmas shopping?
No later than November, but sometimes as early as September/October.
2. Do you have any Christmas traditions? Lots!
- Attending Dad's side of the family's Christmas Party at my Granddad's partners house a few weeks before Christmas. It's usually an all day occasion starting with nibblies and games, followed by Christmas lunch, a "lucky dip" Christmas raffle where everyone wins a prize, then dessert, and finally present swapping. :)
- Spending Christmas Eve with Mum's side of the family at my Aunt and Uncle's house. Christmas dinner, present swapping, the oldies getting their drink on, praying that Mum doesn't drink too much so that she can drive us all home afterwards. You know, the usual. :P
- Waking up at my Mum's house on Christmas morning to open our presents with the furbabies in front of the Christmas tree. A tradition I hope to continue until we eventually have kids of our own. :)
- Venturing up to Toowoomba for Christmas day lunch with Ben's side of the family (my Mum and brother also come with us), then staying the night at Ben's Dad's place and eating hot chips from the local servo.
- Spending Boxing Day with Dad, Judy and the girls (they live around the corner from Ben's Dad's house which is super convenient) where we quickly swap our presents before diving head first into a massive food coma. :D
3. Do you have any festive recipes for food or drink that you limit solely to the Christmas season to share?
I don't really do the Christmas cooking, so no. Besides, Pavlova is suitable for any time of the year.
4. Do you have a favourite Christmas song?
Of course I do.. 'All I want for Christmas is you' lol. :)
5. What about a favourite Christmas movie?
'Love Actually' and 'Home Alone'.
6. What's your Christmas wrapping strategy?
Wrap things up as early as possible and re-use bows, ribbons etc. from the year before. :P
7. Describe your Christmas tree.. How tall? Real or artificial? How is it decorated?
Ben and I don't have a Christmas tree up this year because we're planning on moving house in the next week or so, but we usually have a medium size fibre optic tree that we bought from Big W for $38 when we first moved in together.. such a bargain!
8. Do you decorate just the tree or other areas of your house?
Normally I try to decorate most of the living room, but I've never bothered with the outside of the house.. at least not yet!
9. What do you wear on Christmas day?
My favourite dress of the moment. Usually one that leaves plenty of room for a food baby. :)
10. What's your dream gift this year?
A proposal, duh! ;)