The last time I mentioned that we were moving to Townsville I was feeling a bit apprehensive. I was overwhelmed by the thought of a number of things including distance from friends and family, the cost of having to move, finding a new place over Christmas, not knowing anybody up there, etc. I spent a good couple of weeks stressing out about everything until I finally sat down and started writing up a list of all the positives I could think of about moving. Here is what I came up with:
- We get to move into a house! :) After living in units/apartments for the past four years and having to deal with our neighbours in shouting distance, shitty body corporates, anonymous letters from people in our complex, etc. living in a house of our own (even if it's still a rental) is going to be a much welcomed change!
- Not only will we be living in a house, but we'll have the freedom to live in a nice house as well. I'm talking a modern house with air conditioning throughout, 3-4 bedrooms (we currently have 2 bedrooms and one of them is used for my office so it will be great to have a spare room for visitors), multiple bathrooms, a laundry, a decent kitchen with modern appliances, a well kept fully fenced backyard with a covered patio, automatic lock up garage, etc. This is the sort of stuff that excites me more than anything! :D
- Have you checked out the photos in this post? This is what Google tells me our new location is going to look like. Depending on where we choose to live, the beach could either be right on our doorstep or as little as a 20 minute drive away.. I'd personally be over the moon with either.
- Townsville is basically miniature dachshund paradise! I'm not kidding.. apparently dachshunds are one of, if not the, most popular breed of dog that you will see up there. There is a dachshund group on facebook which I have already joined and they have welcomed us with open arms. I seriously can't wait to meet them all. :)
- There are apparently job opportunities up there for me too, or so everyone keeps telling me. I just need to get my butt into gear to find one.
There are of course other positives that I didn't include in my list, but they are more in regard to B's career and financial aid for the moving expenses.. things that are still a bit up in the air.
Are there any other positives that you think might be missing from my list? I'd love to hear your thoughts!