I'm not sure what it is about this time of year, but I always find myself feeling hopeful and optimistic as soon as December 1st rolls around. Perhaps I'm just getting into the Christmas spirit, or maybe I'm simply anticipating the new year, whatever the reason though I feel like I have a lot to be thankful for and a lot to look forward to.
Some of the things I'm feeling hopeful about at the moment (because who doesn't love a good list) are:
- Securing a new job as soon as possible after we make the move to Townsville. I'm hoping to work at Peter Alexander, but any job would be amazing!
- Finding the perfect rental property for us, with the perfect lease start date. [EDIT: We got the house we wanted!]
- I'm also very optimistic that our furniture will arrive on time or at least within the first few days of getting the keys to our new place. ;)
- That the 17 hour road trip to Townsville will be more exciting than it will be exhausting, and that we won't die of heatstroke before we even get there.
- That Townsville will be just as beautiful as it appears to be in photos and in the stories of those who have been there/lived there before.
- That the perfect baby fur-brother for Ellie will be born in the next few weeks and will be ready for us to take him home as soon as we're settled in.
Last but not least, I am hopeful that 2015 will be the year of growth in mine and B's relationship. I already know that I want to spend the rest of my life with this incredible human being, I just hope that 2015 will solidify this for us in more ways than one. :)
What are you feeling hopeful about at the moment? Are you excited for 2015 and everything it has in store?