In case you didn't already know, I think living in Townsville is awesome! Moving here was the best thing B and I have ever done. I've never been happier or more content with my life than I am living here. These are a few of the reasons why:
- The people here are friendly. Most people I've met have been extremely kind, helpful and welcoming.
- It's already midway through April and I can still get around in a flimsy summer dress. This might just be the first year that I'm not freezing my arse off on my birthday (which is May 29, in case you were wondering).
- Magnetic Island is just a ferry ride away.
- We're only about a 3 and a half hour drive from Cairns or The Whitsundays, making weekend getaways affordable and timely.
- You can easily get a car park at any of the numerous shopping centers (and you don't have to drive very far to get to them).
- The Strand (pictured above) is absolutely stunning. You may have to swim in netted off areas during Summer due to the jellyfish, but seeing as I don't like swimming, this beach is perfection to me. It is just so beautiful - words and photos cannot do it justice.
- Most of the restaurants and cafe's along The Strand are pet friendly. You can also walk in and get a table without having to wait half an hour, or having to wait in a huge queue to pay.
- There are not one, but two dachshund groups, and they have regular meet ups at the various different dog parks.
- We have access to NBN (well, at least our area does) making downloading/uploading a dream. This may be a sign that I should get back into my YouTube channel. :P
- It feels like home. I could seriously see myself living here for a very long time. If only we had some family up here.
So there you go - ten of the things that I am enjoying about Townsville!
Have you ever lived in or visited Townsville? What did you enjoy about your time here?