Sunday, 14 August 2011
Hey everyone and welcome new followers!
Since this is my last post before I commence my three week teaching prac tomorrow, I thought I would share some of the photos I took of my pre prac procrastination baking this afternoon. :)
Given that I thought I had all of the right ingredients, I decided to have a go at making one of Natasha's awesome looking Zebra Cakes! As you can probably see from the photos below, it was a really fun cake for me to make.. and if I hadn't have made the stupid mistake of using baking soda instead of baking powder I'm sure it would have been really fun to eat as well, lol!
Anyway, that's all from me. I hope you guys enjoy the photos and have an excellent next few weeks!
Categories: snap happy sunday
Friday, 12 August 2011
1. My most favourite birthday was my 21st. My birthday fell on a Saturday so I planned an awesome 'Jungle' themed party at my Mother's house and almost everyone that I'd invited made an appearance. I also scored some incredible presents.
2. My worst birthday was also my 21st. I was so stressed out from decorating, baking (I made my own leopard print cupcake tree) and perfecting my costume that by the time the party started I was completely and utterly exhausted. :( Note to everyone: Don't plan your own 21st!
3. My favourite birthday memory is my two best friends (at the time) showing up on my doorstep on the night of my 19th birthday with a handmade birthday cake and the most absolute perfect birthday gifts (they knew me so well). What made this even more special was the fact that I had been attending my Grandmothers funeral for most of that day (I know, talk about bad timing) and my family didn't have any time to make me a birthday cake as they usually would have.
4. The best birthday present I've ever received was probably the one I just mentioned, although I was pretty impressed by the diamond studs and chunky silver bracelet that B gave me for my 21st. :)
5. The best birthday present I've ever given was a 'bedroom makeover' and a box of krispy kremes to B for his 22nd birthday. He was still living in a house full of guys at the time and the one room he had all to himself was terribly dull and actually kind of depressing.. so I like to think that my makeover fixed that problem. :P
6. Birthdays are special and the perfect excuse to spoil your loved ones rotten. :)
7. My favourite age so far has been 22. B and I have been playing house and getting along so well. :)
Tuesday, 9 August 2011
Sunday, 7 August 2011
So last night B and I attended a 'Video Game' themed party for one of our friends birthdays. Given that I don't have blonde hair and couldn't go as Princess Peach (plus I knew someone else would likely go as her), I decided to get my sexy on and dress up as Tomb Raider. Another reason I chose to go as Tomb Raider is because this was the first game I ever played on PlayStation One and it still remains one of my favourites (I'm actually playing 'Tomb Raider: Anniversary' on the PC at the moment). :D
|My costume inspiration. ;)|
Anyway, B was being completely indecisive right up until the last minute when he decided to purchase a child size Spider Man mask and web gun costume set. I don't really know why he bothered though. He ended up taking the mask off ten minutes after we'd arrived, and anyone who arrived after that just assumed he was dressed up as Tin Tin (which is ironically his high school nickname).
So yeah, here are a few of the photos that were taken.. enjoy!
Friday, 5 August 2011
1. My go to outfit for a dress-up occasion like a wedding is a knee length dress that's stylish but doesn't make me stand out too much, flats or a shoe with only a slight heel and a 3/4 length jacket to match.
2. This week has been very busy, but not as busy as the next few weeks are going to be.
3. When it's dinnertime and I'm feeling lazy I'll usually eat Maggi butter chicken, pasta bake or spaghetti.
4. My favourite pair of shoes are these caramel coloured high heels as they are the only heels I can walk in.
5. A random item that I own that is completely unnecessary, but that I could never part with is this 'Get well soon' teddy bear that my Mum gave to me when I was still a teenager. It is the cutest bear in the world.
6. My favourite person is B, just because.
7. If I were going to write my own blank it would say 'If I was guaranteed to be successful at any one career in the world, I would want to be a '.
Tuesday, 2 August 2011
Monday, 1 August 2011
|1st August 2011 - 28th April 2014.|
4. Scan and save all family photos onto the computer.
7. Finish an assignment before the day it's due
10. See Carl Barron live
11. Learn to accept and love my body.
17. Relieve B of mailbox duty for a month
18. Grow my hair out to the top of my birth mark.
21. Visit the Carrara Markets
30. Sell all of my hardly watched dvd's on ebay.
34. Go to the doctors and ask to be tested for hypothyroid.
36. Become financially independent.
43. Attempt to drive a manual car.
44. Donate blood.
46. Start a vegetable/herb garden.
52. Invite friends over for a game of pictionary.
55. Develop any rolls of film that my Mum still has.
57. Start doing crosswords on a regular basis.
58. Write Dad a letter.
60. Learn scriptive handwriting.
63. Start sending Christmas cards with "life updates" to those I still want in my life.
65. Spend a week without the Internet.
66. Go to dreamworld and try out the new 'tower of terror'.
67. Take a road trip interstate.
69. Learn how to play poker.
70. Learn all of the functions on our new camera.
71. Purchase/revamp an old rustic desk.
74. Have a go on a jet ski.
75. Go indoor rock climbing with B.
80. Learn how to speed read.
88. Buy a sewing machine.
89. Sew a new dress for myself.
90. Change a flat tyre.
92. Visit a state I've never been to.
100/ 300/500/1000 GFC followers.
94. Buy a new car.
95. Get fully comprehensive car insurance.
96. Be earning more than $700 per week.
97. Eat clean.
99. Buy a long haired English cream miniature dachshund.
100. Walk the dog every day.
101. Get engaged.
100. Walk the dog every day.
101. Get engaged.
Categories: 101 in 1001